Single Door, 1174mm floor-height bus
Length options: 10108mm
Front Overhang: 2040mm
Rear Overhang: 22838mm
Width (Nominal): 2500mm
Height (Nominal): 3457mm (including
The Chiron concept is to build an integrated body shell structure that is Safe, Strong and as light as reasonably possible but flexible in that a choice of vehicle length options are available. Chiron utilizes High Tensile Galvanised steel tubing in combination with pressed sections to produce a vehicle of exceptional strength and durability. All hollow sections are wax injected to inhibit internal corrosion. The body structure complies with Australian ADR59 roll-over protection safety standards.
School bus exterior panels:
Side panels are made from FRP sheet, bonded to the frame. Skirt panels and access doors to bins, electrical compartment and engine bay etc are made from Marine grade aluminum. Wheel arch panels are moulded FRP.
Bonded FRP roof sheeting with extruded aluminum cant panel.
Front and rear mouldings:
FRP front and rear exterior moulds. Bonded to the body structure. Separate FRP bumper bars bolted for easy removal – front and rear.
The CS100 interior is clean and uncluttered, available in a range of trim and colour combinations. The interior side wall sand ceiling panels are Formica or Laminex.
Pillar and sill cappings are powder coated aluminum. Front header in moulded FRP. Storage compartment incorporated in header moulding above driver.
Three piece curved windscreen (separate left and right screen, and destination sign glass) designed to maximise driver visibility. Glass thickness is 7mm laminated and producedto ECE/ADR standards.
Fixed bonded side windows, utilizing tinted, toughened safety glass. Slider section in driver’s side window.
• Top sliding bonded side windows.
• Top hopper style side windows with flush fitting exterior for easy cleaning in automatic bus washes.
Chiron bodies are finished with a PPG Delfleet paint and cured in a low-bake booth to ensure a high level of finish and endurance. A two colour fleet layout is standard.
ENTRANCE & EXIT
Standard: One (1) x 850mm nominal frame aperture width flush-gliding pivot door, manufactured from steel RHS sections with toughened glass. Door operation via a driver operated Festo electro-pneumatic control system. Door safety system to prevent passenger entrapment. Air system separately protected by filters and pressure regulator.
Option: Brake interlock system to NSW RTA Technical Specification 146.
Emergency exits to ADR requirements utilizing roof hatches and break-glass windows. LED illuminations of emergency exit signs.
AIR CONDITIONING (OPTION)
Customer choice of A/C System, ducted full length ofthe vehicle via cant mounted ductings.
Heavy duty driver’s heater/demister.
Option: floor mounted heaters in saloon.
Steel flaps with full-length hinge and gas stays fitted in locations to access: Electrics, Battery, Radiator, Engine and Side of engine. Wheel arch panels are also lift up allowing full access.
Structural plywood, rot proofed to H3 standard, screwed, bonded to steel supports and under sealed.
ALTRO or similar heavy duty flooring material, fully sealed and bonded to floor and side-wall toseat rail level.
Fitted over engine and transmission. These hatches are fully sealed and secured with screw action fasteners at each corner.
SOUND AND HEAT INSULATION
Side walls and roof cavities are insulated with synthetic wool. Sound absorber leaded vinyl in the engine compartment.
Two exterior and one interior fully adjustable mirrors.
Option: Electric adjustment and heated external mirrors.
Hand rail on the left and right of the entrance step finish in yellow powder coat.
Option: Stainless steel ceiling rails with standee straps and vertical stanchions located at their junctions by cast aluminum fittings.
Modesty panel behind driver.
Option: Full height protection panel at rear of driver.
Passenger seats are available in several style options from standard metro seats to ADR68 seat belted seats.
Multiplex body electrics standard.
• 5 Fluorescent lights spaced full length of saloon area.
• Halogen down light above driver.
• Halogen down light over front entrance.
• Engine compartment lights.
• 4 x LED bin lamps.
• Dual Hella headlamps with additional driving lamps.
• LED lamps for front and rear turn indicators, stop lights, tail lights, side marker lights, reversing lights, number plate lights, front and rear end outline markers and additional high mounted rear indicator and stop lamps.
Heavy duty wiper system and windscreen washer system with spray nozzles on wiper arms.
Radio/CD player with 10 speakers.
Option: PA system with drivers mic.
• Radio/DVD Player with 17” manual or motorized TV screens.
Fully adjustable ISRI mechanical suspension seat with lap belt and head rest.
Option: Air suspension ISRI driver’s seat with 3-point lap-sash belt and head rest.
• Two Fire extinguishers fitted, 1 at driver, 1 at engine compartment.
• Sun blinds to front screen and driver’s side window with option for electric blinds.
• Swing out battery carrier.
• Spare wheel carrier.
• Engine air intake at cant panel.
• Side or through bins.
• Electronic Destination system.
• Saloon curtains.
• Parcel racks with option for individual lamp, a/c vent & speaker modules.
• Reverse camera with 5” screen.
• Full Video Surveillance system with multiple channel camera setup.
• Bullbar or nudge bar.
• Windscreen protection mesh.
• Additional mine spec options which include full width mudflaps, engine and exhaust protection mesh, beacon lights and isolation switches.